What is the logic behind IPTV?
A cable television works with the help of data transfer using coaxial cables from a central hub to various users. These cables will be connected to the devices to watch the programs. In the case of satellite television, signals will go to a geostationary satellite that in turn gets back to the user’s satellite dish as radio waves. An IPTV in contrast to these uses the internet to transfer the data. There will be a central hub that stores the data. A user from anywhere around the world can subscribe to it. An Indian can subscribe to IPTV Norway. Once he subscribes and selects a channel to watch, the server will search for it and encode it into small data packets to travel through the internet and reach the user. In this article, let us discuss working in a step by step manner.
The process of telecast in Internet Protocol Television
- There will be a central content head that holds the video content. These videos can either be made by the providers themselves or those whose rights are sold to the IPTV providers by the show producers.
- Users will opt to download an IPTV app from the web and choose a subscription for IPTV services from any of the preferred providers around the world.
- Once after buying a subscription, the user connects the main server to his device using an m3U link sent by the provider.
- Upon activation, the user will see a dashboard on his laptop, computer, mobile, a smart television, or on an ordinary television with a setup box for IPTV.
- He chooses the region he likes to see and select the desired program or movie by clicking on Play or Watch now option.
- The request will be accepted by the system and the information goes to the mains server, the content head.
- Now, the server will search for the program on its database and start to encode it in the form of small data packets that can get transmitted over the internet.
- Some streaming media protocols will help these data packets to reach the receiver end in good condition and the right order as it is in the database.
- The video content will reach the user’s end and an android setup box with a media player will decode these data packets to make it ready for streaming.
- The telecasting device will then start streaming the content.
- The user can pause, play, and rewind the content if it is a video on demand program
- The user cannot rewind or record live streaming content from regional or foreign language channels.
Advantages of the IPTV system
- An IPTV system allows a user to view all formats of video streaming such as live streaming, time-shifted streaming, and video on demand
- The cost is affordable compared to other modes of the telecast
- No need for cables and extra wirings
- The whole setup will be simple
- You can use IPTV to stream your videos in a particular space