Do you wish to sell or gift your Amazon Echo Dot to somebody? Or are you using someone’s used Echo Dot, and you want to deregister it because it is still registered to the previous owner? Before you sell or give away your Echo Dot, you need to remove it from your Amazon account and restore the device back to factory settings. You can do it either by going to the Alexa app for Android and iOS or through the web portal. Here is how you can deregister and then reset your Echo Dot:
Remove Amazon Echo from Amazon Account on Mobile
- Launch the Amazon Alexa app on your phone. Its icon is blue.
- Now, tap on the menu option. Three parallel horizontal lines depict it. It will be located at the top right corner of the app’s screen.
- Scroll down the menu and select Settings.
- Now, all the connected devices will show up below the Devices heading.
- Select the device you wish to deregister.
- Go to the bottom of the menu and click on the Deregister button.
- Now, in the confirmation box, click on Deregister.
- Now, the Amazon Echo will get deregistered.
Remove Amazon Echo from Amazon Account on a Computer
- Launch an internet browser on the computer.
- Head on to the Amazon website.
- Click on Accounts and Lists option in the top right side of the page. Now, click on the Sign In button.
- Enter your login credentials: email and password for your Amazon account.
- After signing in. Click on the Accounts and Lists option located at the top right edge of the screen.
- Now, from the pull-down list, select Your Content and Devices.
- Just head to the Your Devices section.
- Now, all the devices you have registered to the Amazon account will show up.
- Locate Echo Dot. Click on the three dots button following it.
- In the next prompt, click on the Deregister button.
- In the confirmation box, click again on the Deregister button.
- Now, the Amazon Echo Dot will get deregistered.
How to Reset Echo Dot?
- Insert a pin or a paper clip and press the Reset button. It will be located at the bottom of Echo Dot.
- Keep holding the button until the Echo Dot’s light becomes orange. After a few seconds, it will turn blue.
- Now, the light should switch off and then switch on.
- After that, the light will turn to orange and the Echo Dot will enter the setup mode.
- If the Amazon Echo comes with volume buttons, then just hit and hold the following buttons: Microphone off and Volume decrease. Make sure you press the buttons simultaneously.
- The light will change to orange. After a few more seconds, the light will change to blue.
- Keep holding the buttons until the light powers off and then on.
- When the light changes to orange for the second time, the Echo Dot will get in the setup mode.