Microsoft Cortana is a virtual assistant software that can perform so many tasks. It is just similar like Apple Siri, Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa, etc. Cortana can recognize voice without a requirement of keyboard input. It can set reminders, answer questions using information from the search engine (e.g., weather report, sports scores, traffic conditions, and much more).
Microsoft Cortana is deeply integrated with Edge browser. Cortana mainly uses Microsoft Edge and Bing search engine. But if you want to change your Cortana browser, then there is a way to make Cortana use Google Chrome instead of Edge or Bing.
Make Cortana use Google Chrome Instead of Edge
To make Cortana use Google Chrome instead of Edge, you will need a third party open source application name ‘EdgeDeflector.’ EdgeDeflector can fix this. Download and install EdgeDeflector and Launch it (it will automatically install itself it into the background). After Setup, follow the following steps.
- Make a search with Cortana.
- Click on ‘Start’ Button or press ‘Window key.’
- Enter something to search and wait until you see ‘Search the Web’ on your search.
- Click on the top result.
- Select ‘EdgeDeflector’ for “How do you want to open this?” into the popup window.
- ‘Tick the Box’ of Always use this app.
Now, you can check with another search. If you are still having trouble then,
- Go to ‘Settings’ by right click on ‘Window Start Button.’
- Select ‘Apps’ or ‘System.’
- Then ‘Default Apps.’
- Click on ‘Set defaults by apps.’
- Navigate to Web Browser.
- Select ‘Google Chrome’ from the list.
- Then click on ‘Set this program as default.’
Finally, you’ve set Google Chrome as your Default browser. And you will now see your search appears into your default browser.